So what does this mean for my business? I'm going to list out a bulleted list, as I plan on directing confused and annoyed customers to this page for the full story
- from now until the new year, I am going to still really focus on making up crown stock. I spent a lot of money getting 6 months worth of materials in, and I might as well finish making stock while I am in that mind set. This way, I am prepared for leaving town, when or if that happens...which ultimately means that I will be able to continue custom work/engravings up until a few weeks before we leave (rather than a few months).
- I am going to open up the engraving options again (now)...any customer may now add an engraving to their crowns/trays if they'd like
- I'm going to try and delay any really custom crown designs until after the new year. I will have more time starting in January to focus on custom work.
- Starting Jan 1, the website will feature an integrated shopping cart function/check-out page. But I am also going to start charging a shipping fee at that time. It will be a low flat-rate. (under $10 for domestic. Int'l customers are currently charged shipping in the$25-$30 range...I'm going to make that a flat rate for all int'l, too)
- It will be easy to still add customization to your order, once the new shipping cart feature is added. But I still have a lot of work to do to get all all of your crown and candle options posted, and get things just right....which is why I want to keep things as low-key from now until Jan 1.
- As always, call or email me to place your orders for the time being! And again, Customization is now open again!
- I will start cutting of customization in May...so place any orders for spring/summer weddings in a timely fashion. I will keep the website fully updated with any cut-off dates.