Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm no quitter!

So I just had an interesting experience at my regular Monday night pilates class.  I've been going to this particular class for a couple of years now, and even before then I was a pilates girl. 

Just recently, The Saturday Pilates teacher started (temporarily) teaching the Monday night class.  This teacher started working at the gym just before we left for England, so I wasn't going to any of the Sat. classes then.  So this teacher doesn't know the un-pregnant me.

For the most part, I've been able to keep up with the class.  I've only recently had to start modifying some of the exercises, which isn't a big deal to do, and I obviously don't mind doing that.

well tonight, after class, the teacher came up to me and asked me when I was going to quit the class!  That really shocked me.  I was expecting to have to be the one to go up to her at some point and say "sorry, the class just isn't fun for me any longer, I'll see you in a few months"  and then feel guilty about bowing out of the class when the teacher probably things that I should keep doing it.  But no, it kind of seems like the opposite is going on here!  I don't think this teacher is particularly comfortable with me in the class! 

Anyway, I told her that yes, it's getting harder and harder to these exercises, but that I had a goal of keeping up with pilates for at least another 2 weeks, to get me into my 3rd trimester and then just see how I'm doing at that time.

I don't think I'll feel uncomfortable in that class, as in, I don't think the teacher is actively against me being in the class.  it was just an unexpected conversation.  I know she's just looking out for the welfare of her students, and I can't really argue with that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment